Although the state of world agriculture is - to put it shortly - desperate, in this article we shall point out that the correct solution of man made problem is contained in the deep change of the very system of agricultural business and a few other factors. Let us look in proper order at the cause of the problem, the consequences of unresolved problem and finally the solution.
Catastrophie of capitalistic agriculture
By introducing the intensive agriculture in the last century, the highest importance is given to the agricultural yield and rich people interests. The criminalization of human society in globalism era directed the mankind to spreading of genetically modified organisms and artificially generated plant hybrids; all that was done for the purpose of globalist individuals enrichment with no connection to human necessities and without respecting of elementary ecological principles.
After devastation of about 50% of the most fertile agricultural american soil, and continuing devastation of numerous other agricultural regions in the globally controlled countries-colonies, globalists have been looking for new areas of fertile soil on this planet in the last two decades with more intensity, in order to use and destroy them with their ecocide cultivation systems.
In most countries around the world the microorganisms in upper soil layer were killed with poison treatment, often up to the 70cm depth or deeper. After killing the soil microorganisms, in that very soil the globalist farmers are introducing unnatural, synthetic fertilizers as well, and then sow and raise artificially created plants obtained by non-ecological and GMO means. When such degenerated, deformed and poisoned plants bring yield, that one will equally well poisoned end in your plate, and bring the whole bunch of the hardest pandemic deceases including those which are the deadliest to humans. That is the very short presentation of catastrophie in agriculture (and not only there) that the globalist, rich men / tycoon system brings to human society.
Living spieces wracking and massive spread of mutated varietes and spieces
Globalists exterminated the most of native species of fruit trees and vegetables! The exterminated autochthone species were adapted naturally for millennia, resistant to deceases and perfectly fit to local climate and other environmental conditions. Human organism is adopted to consuming locally cultivated plant species. But today instead of perfectly adopted living species man introduced new "fabricated" and mutilated forms which proved in practice resistless to natural environmental demands. In order to prolong the life of deformed mutants and even get more profit, globalists financed and produced fake agricultural theories and strong propaganda among farmers and agricultural experts of alleged necessity of deadly chemicals implementation for protecting and prolonging the life of sick mutants.
The state of beekeeping in Serbia and a lot of other countries is the proof of how situation is serious and tragic. Bees are namely the ideal indicator of health and balance of flora and animal world. Honey yield are on average 5 times less then one century ago! Even worse - the incompetent beekeepers' associations functionaries call the new beekeepers to join the trade and fund them to begin!
Besides, in Serbia there is an attempt to mark the honey no-pasture areas on geographical map. The results showed Serbia, once a beekeeper's paradise, now is beekeeper's desert with no bee pasture or with insufficient number or quality of honey plants. In America the number of bee hives declined from 4,500,000 in 1945 to less then 2,000,000 today and the number is decreasing.
As bees are the most important live plant pollinator that determine the crops and reproduction of pollinated plants, decay of plants lead to decay of bees and vice verse. Man made crosses between plants and between animals lead to contemporary species/types adopted to high yield. Unfortunately the new species are completely incapable for self-supported survival in natural healthy environment. On the other side these species are mutants dependent on artificially created conditions formed by humans, and consequently they are far more sensitive and have multiple times shorter life span then the healthy species they originate from.
Futility of ecological associations
We are witnessing that international organization, states and groups under the slogan of preserving of natural environments are forming the ecological departments, agencies and affiliations. Are these ecological institutions capable of fulfilling their purpose?
Ecology is very young science at the first place. Left to itself and to the scientific and amateur enthusiasts, ecological scientific thought is not supported by the capitalist economy from obvious reasons. Just because of that ecology remained underdeveloped and have not enough scientific results for complete practical implementation in the serious defending of natural resources.
Modern globalist capitalism has overgrown national states and dictates it's will in them. The administration's ecological agencies and miniseries have no money, no theoretical knowledge and no jurisdiction to enforce more comprehensive protection of Eco-systems. Without enough competency, deprived of funds and with no strong or proved practical scientific base, these public institutions are more serving as money drain or employment means for political party members or similar, then serving any serious purpose.
Civil ecological associations are usually almost completely deprived of resources and shattered in order to protect this or that individual living species. The groups of young enthusiast look almost funny when sailing the sees on ships and trying to stop whale hunting, occasionally risking their own lives in that endeavor. Shattered that way they are completely inefficient both in protecting the individual species as well as in protecting the planet where we live. One could have an impression that civilian groups are in position of mice against the hoard of elephants - globalists.
As the opponent to the planet and to mankind, globalism deals quite simply with ecological associations. By massive consumer propaganda globalism simply assures people in primacy of human needs and capital over planet and nature.
A small illustration of globalist insolence: American tycoons in TV entertainment shows order building of wooden houses on trees! For that purpose a large number of healthy precious trees are cut; that way the ecosystems are broken and further diminish the amount of oxygen. And so, while TV spectators are having "fun" by watching slobbering degenerates visiting their new entertainment house built from shear caprice from precious wooden mass from decimated forests, nature is deteriorating, and the public is watching the whole thing having "fun"!
Human needs revisioned
In the globalist's madness man is trained to be immodest consumer, dehumanized and used to grab, throw away and buy things again even when they are not used to their fullest. It's still worse that tycoon economy creates false human needs like sweeten drinks or fast food. People got used to poisoned and chemically treated food.
From their earliest age children get used to ubiquitous synthetic sweeteners. Experiment with cheap kebab made as usual with junk or chemical additives, and 25% more expensive kebab made as it should be with healthier ingredients, showed that people with no knowledge how kebab was made were picking the junk-kebab in twice larger number then people who chose the proper kebab.This is the clear proof how human taste was adopted to junk and does not warn a contemporary man to danger. This phenomena you can check if almost half-wild cat unaccustomed to home is offered with organic and usual/junk milk - it will just smell usual milk and then rush to the organic. On the contrary, domestic cat will drink usual milk with no problem.
Capitalism generated the false standard and and illusion of abundance. Enormous supermarkets with "creams and sweets", products full of natural of synthetic sweeteners, synthetic food, fruits with beautiful appearance and with no smell or taste seem to attract with its look and colorful advertisement from countless shelves, as if asking to pick them up. Meat from domestic animals, full of antibiotics and hormones as at easy reach of consumers. Our virtual abundance in fact a trap that becomes more and more deadly. New human habits in globalism are very unhealthy and life dangerous. The enormous mortality from cancer and other deceases which exterminates world population testifies about that, as well as the full hospitals and world population that has never been sick so much, in spite of virtual advance of medicine.
Beside that, have you asked yourself how much acres of fertile arable land and how much investment does it take to raise, gather, process and use the plants on that land necessary for feeding just a single cow needed for human food? And what about other expenses in livestock breeding? Shortly put: even with superficial consideration like the previous one can see the necessity of changing human nutrition and his habits.
It's necessary to abandon globalist made method of overeating and turn man back into normal. Our ancestors had meat only in rare occasions, they were more hungry than full, and their immune system was so good that we can only dream about it! The solution is in the active change of human nutritional habits and transition to ecologically raised predominantly herbal food with minimal consumption of meat and final elimination of globalist junk - fast and poisoned food. Ultimately, what is needed is to break off with globalist system and it's deformed elite who persist in completely unsustainable economy system, especially in agriculture.
Lies and charade
In a TV show in Serbia the winegrower was asked - How much money you should expense for vine protection? The answer was: "That is done by other company, I actually do not know" - one said. The others confirmed. One of interviewed people said: "I don't know but if you do not spray you will have yields problem. Also you will have a problem next year as well."
These statements are based on a hidden rumor that pesticides treatment is inevitable for high yield crops. These rumors are spread for decades by pesticide manufacturers and the professors stuff from agricultural universities and colleges. These two groups of people got a fortune for themselves thanks to mutual symbioses, and they cheat the farmers all around the world. To their advantage speaks the fact that often farmers who tried to avoid pesticides treatment could not earn sufficient income, and a lot of them did not have any. For that reason there is strong opinion of pesticides as paramount treatment as well as blind trust in tycoon companies and experts proponing chemistry in agriculture.
But what these farmers missed to understand is simple truth that their pesticides experiments were performed with deformed modified plants which are selected for decades for high yield and completely dependent on chemicals! And not only that: their plants are growing in soil poisoned and disrupted for multiple decades where living beings are destroyed just because of implemented poisons. Of course these dilettantish experiments, conducted with deformed plants in devastated ecosystem - were condemned to failure.
Multinational companies and professors of agriculture from educational system formed the ecocide pseudo-scientific discipline: the intensive agriculture, base on fake and completely unproved statement of having GMO, pesticides and non-ecological plants crosses as imperative necessity for achieving "high yield".
If pesticides treatment is obligatory how come there is no thorough study comparing natural healthy agriculture and intensive agriculture? Why there is not a study on mechanization expenses, chemistry expenses and human work involved in ecocide agriculture and taken into consideration when compared to natural farming? In natural farming there is barely mechanization, if any, and the soil tillage is neglectable. Healthy plants are protected by themselves because they are autochthone, and not a dollar is used for poisonous chemistry! But as we shall later about to see, in order for this to be practically realized the essential changes has to be made in almost all agricultural factors!
Achieving yield is just one of agricultural questions. Namely the essential part of agriculture is the healthy product. So it is very indicative that none of experts bothered to calculate the price of high incidence of cancer and other hard deceases that started, what a coincidence(!), with introducing massive chemistry implementation in agriculture and with consuming of that poisoned food? What are the total expenses of massive chronicle poisoning of world population because of poisoned food?
Social and political system change
The world of globalist madness is essentially ecocidal. All parameters of modern society are planned to settle human imaginary and real needs above any other living creatures on this planet. Even worse, globalism provides unlimited power to the very small group of people. These insolent tycoons, planet owners, crazy because of power far beyond their miserable intellectual and moral capacities, are wrecking this planet, all living organisms and bringing mankind to edge of bare existence.
So it is clear that without replacing of degenerated globalism there is no preservation of the remnants of our planet and no future at all.
Overcrowded cities and change of urban agglomerations
While villages have been destroyed, people were migrating to cities. Cities became multimillion populated centers surrounded with abandoned land where villages have been previously. The purpose of a megalopolis is not just to be administrative center. The essence of aggregating people in cities in global-capitalism is in forming flashy "working camps" where inhabitants work for incredibly rich individuals, fulfill it's working obligations during day time and finish working day dead tired in front of TV in an armchair, day by day and year by year. Poorly educated and less informed, with no social powers and consequently not deeply interested in taking control over their own life and his country, confounded city population has not full comprehension of world political situation and so do not have a serious need to care about natural resources.
Purpose of modern cities in globalism is turned upside down to the extreme: the only purpose of cities is aggregation of working power for the purpose of even more enrichment of very small group of overly rich globalists. From the point of globalist's view ideal population work for the rich people from morning to night, eat cheap poisoned food, drink cheap poisoned drinks, roars on weekends in stadiums shooting their discontent in air, vote between the same globalist controlled parties, get drunk and drugged, live from today till tomorrow trembling for bare existence!
Of course such meaningless, dehumanized and ecocidal system must be changed seriously and return the life into villages, where it normally belongs anyway, and diminish cities to reasonable, multiple times less populated aggregations and return the habitations more human and natural role.
Ecology and natural farming
Man has routinely taken the role of fake God and let himself to exterminate living beings in arable land, garden and in the whole planet. In his savage relationship towards living creatures, man bahaves arrogantly, pseudo-scientifically, and acting forcefully. The truth is completely different: man and his whole science has not a single clue about the real complexity of unknown number of connections by which one living organism influences it's environment and vice verse. That is why people has to adopt most urgently the principle of minimal action in nature and ecosystems; human activity should be allowed only where artificial intervention is absolutely indispensable for the sake of human survival.
In harmony with this principle man has to revise and minimize his demands from nature. There is not a more important task then prompt termination of intensive agriculture. The slogan of ecocide agriculture - get maximal yield for any cost - must be changed with another one - fit human needs for food into the capacities of nature. Nature is not here to fulfill every caprice of her spoiled human brat. Intensive agriculture, chemical biocides, wracked capitalism and tycoon economy are the most terrible annihilation mechanisms of planet and the man himself. Now look for some of basic ecological actions or changes that has to be done.
- main practical problem of natural agriculture: it is based on ecological science which is still in diapers. Ultra-rich people and mega-corporations strongly oppose any scientific advance in ecology that could undermine their status and diminish their income. That is why there are few scientists and little funding for natural agriculture.
- transition to natural agriculture implies mostly manual work instead of machines, i.e. normal agriculture implies larger engagement of human working force. This working force has to come from overcrowded cities and fill the devastated empty villages.
- every human intervention in ecosystem is basically a high risk operation. Humans have not enough intellectual capacity to comprehend all consequences of their interventions inside ecosystem. The reason for human's incapability in natural farming is because of infinitely complex system of interconnected natural phenomena in the ecosystem that overwhelms the mankind existence and it's mental capacity. The vertebrate and larger plant species, so ubiquitous in the classical approach to agriculture are basically the smallest part of ecosystems when number and diversity are considered. That is why every intervention in ecosystem should be estimated by the risk which is inversely proportional to the amount of experience about such intervention and circumstances. The intervention is more appropriate as the ecosystem is less subjected to disturbance by that intervention, closer to it's natural form, and just at the end closer to the useful effect for human nutrition.
- human intervention in ecosystem is always uncertain because every ecosystem is unique. That is why during intervention one should work in steps as small as possible and every step in the sequence is corrected by using the quality of results achieved during previous step in the sequence.
- the quality of human intervention is as better as the nature is less disturbed by intervention performing while fulfilling the reasonable and modest human need.
- government must sustain protected ecosystems as well as every ecosystem must have protected areas where human interventions are prohibited by all means at least in some long period. These systems are overwhelmingly interconnected with other ecosystems, and they represent themselves a possible warning to people responsible to intervene in prevention of negative phenomena and to preserve and spread biodiversity if some (human) recklessness jeopardize their functioning.
- disappearance of some local species is the clear sign of serious anomaly if not followed by statistical appearance of some other genetic variety in closer ecosystem. This phenomena is most sertanly caused by human error in ecosystem.
- certain zones of ecosystem are critical for life or survival of some species. For example jeopardizing of areas where youngsters are bred or where mating of individuals is performed can menace the species. Human intervention may not jeopardize the critical ecosystem zones.
- in planting the advantage should be given to the local area plant over plants from distant geographical areas.
- dominant species are those that even in small number have large impact on ecosystem. That is why human work in ecosystem has to stringently take care about dominant species (e.g. beavers). There are also dominant ecosystems (e.g. river) and dominant processes (e.g. pollinators, or fire in dry areas).
- if you are not aware of functions and interactions of certain organism, and you want to kill it for any reason, reassess much closer your decision. It is almost certain that you have been wrong.
ANTS EXAMPLE: ants are cleaners/predators, but the ants themselves are food for some birds, spiders, frogs, lizards and mammals. Ants are sowers of seed and there is concordance between the time of blooming and fruiting of some plants and the high ants activity at the beginning of year. The experiment showed less ants means more other insects, and vice verse. Ants make use of honeydew by blocking the organisms which eat that plant. Also ants breed some caterpillars that make honeydew, and these caterpillars attracts birds and butterflies.
- cadastral parcel that we cultivate should be looked upon as a whole with its surroundings because ecosystem "does not stop at the borders of your estate". Ecosystem spreads thousands of kilometers and develops millions of years under influence of incomprehensibly large number of dynamic parameters. If you change something in ecosystem you should know that what you are about to do has no connection to natural development. so all you do in ecosystem should be fit into existing processes of that ecosystem, keeping it's influence as low as possible.
- most wild ecosystems do not tolerate frequent changes.
- pollinators prefer open grass fields to dark forest areas.
- higher overgrowth attracts more mobile and further located organisms, and lower growth attracts near by organisms.
- grass mowing must be mild, rare and out of main blooming period, which has the utmost importance for pollinators.
- big old trees are home for countless organisms. Except when these trees are the treat for human lives, they should not be removed, but opt for partial spacing of branches.
- degree of species resilience to habitat changes: point of change after which decline of species occur or maybe disappearance itself. Healthy genetic diversity and species number is a factor of survival. The very fact that a large number of species vanished after explosive industrial development proves the ecocidial nature of human behavior.
- resilience of ecosystems: the ability to establish new stable state after certain disturbance.
- some ecosystem can be changed into isolated "island" form when considering one or more species. Building roads, flooding soil and all that make an impossible object for living creatures. Isolated areas and their growth are mostly caused by human catastrophic activities.
- in an ecosystem, as previously said, there are dominant species and dominant interrelations between species. However in ecosystem everything is connected to everything, just in different intensity and in different way.
- elements of ecosystem that should be considered when making an intervention in ecosystem: what species are present, diversity of shapes and species / biodiversity, separation/island effect, connections, arrangement of younger species between older forms. The principle that applies to ecological intervention is mostly: "keep the usual species on usual level".
- climate is the dominant factor in ecosystems processes. The speed of climate changes is also an important factor. For example the proper come up of seed need continual period of sufficient temperature range.
- ecology suggests to limit intervention to stringently defined parts of ecosystem, emulating the natural processes in as much important aspects as possible. In all cases one need to observe the state in protected (unchanged) areas and preserve the biodiversity and unchanged functionality of these protected areas despite the changes in other areas. As can be seen, the protected areas reminds us of a control group in scientific experiment. In ecology these areas have also the security function of preserving species that we can inadvertently jeopardize in changed areas.
- intervention that brings new invasive species has to be excluded and especially in the case when these new species jeopardize the resilience and biodiversity of ecosystem.
- error in intervention that leads to smaller biodiversity cannot practically and economically be repaired easy just be return to the previous state. There is usually no previous state in ecology! Mistake made once is usually unrepairable.
Failure of organic production
Natural agriculture means (unlike organic agriculture) full implementation of ecology in agriculture. Organic agriculture tries at least theoretically to cancel most of synthetic biocides, GMO degenerated seed and planting material, as well as synthetic fertilizers. However in practice organic agriculture keeps all standard agricultural methods and procedures.
In practice organic farmers have extra large problem with parasites. These farmers are compensating large yield losses with high prices on market, payed by food consumers. That is how organic products are multiple times more expensive than classically poisoned products made by intensive agriculture.
Organic agriculture is non-ecological and unnatural: it persist in monoculture, on machine land cultivation, on using deformed plant sorts and ecocide acting. That is why organic management is hardly a bit better then classical globalist agriculture. Organic farmers are rationalizing their incredibly large ignorance and false direction with fatalistic saying "it has to be done this way", and "who wants to take it healthy he has to pay, right?". That way they roll over their ignorance on product price that the final consumer will have to pay.
So how should we make food production in agriculture anyway?
It is paramount to follow the above ecological rules. For example, you are forbidden to sow one hectare of land just under corn, i.e. monoculture. Or: on a land parcel one may not force the amount of yield he has to get "no matter what", so you cannot do intensive agricultural economy. Or: abundance of parasites is the sure sign that you yourself made a mistake and not a sign to use this or that pesticide. From that it can be seen that the whole agricultural business methodology has to be deeply changed not only in agriculture but in the society as a whole.
On a land parcel the natural habitat should be emulated by implementing of ecological priciples and natural agriculture, with short garden-like beds and bush intermixed style. In this hard job we can use the existing ecosystem and "configure it" by methods of natural agriculture. However although this what I just said seems complicated, the situation can be conceptually made much simpler. Namely when you summerize the above principles of sustainable agriculture, you get a WELL KNOWN MODEL OF OLD FASHIONED TRADITIONAL HOUSEHOLD as closest to natural agriculture.
Households that existed in Serbia, America, Germany and other countries, despite their specifics share essentially a lot of common features. More or less they ALL HAVE THE SAME LOGIC. So there is family house (modern term: zone zero), surrounded by garden and lower fruit trees (zone one), that is surrounded by chicken stables or shelter for smaller animals (zone two), than again surrounded by zone of higher trees/orchard with garden where pumpkin and similar cultures that need less frequent workout, than follows zone three where timber and compost are put off; zone four is for yield surplus, and zone five is woods that encircles all that in harmonious whole! This arrangement can be somewhat different, but the principle is obvious.
All what is needed is: return to our ancestors agriculture with some rational ECOLOGICAL modernization! For some of you interested in this subject more I suggest you get acquainted with work of Masunobu Fukuoka, one of major proponents of natural agriculture who dedicated whole his life to practical implementation of this agriculture.
Is the time out for mankind?
Is the knowledge or ideas you got from this article enough for you to instantly get hold of natural agriculture? I do not believe so: natural agriculture is far more complex and unexplored to be so easily understood from some simple reading that would allow you to become wise over night. I think that this article showed the essence of problem and the path to go. I am sorry if that is not so easy and leisurely topic you may have expected. But life and nature are inherently complex and incomprehensible, but also wonderful and magnificent. That is why one should strive for our habitat, if not for anything else then for our own survival.